Students will be able to characterise normal gait in walking and running.
You will be able to look at client walking or running on a treadmill and be able to identify differences in the stage of gait cycle and use specific language and terminology.
Also be able identify the anatomy to look at for Pelvic Rotation, Pelvic Tilt, Knee Flexion in Stance Phase etc.
You will be able to know the differences between walking and running cycles and understand the importance of efficiency in running gait and the determinants that affect it.
A recap of the basic muscles, joints and arches of the foot from a structural perspective and also the biomechanics of the foot and ankle through pronation and supination of the foot along with the difference between heel strike vs mid-foot strike vs fore-foot strike and the windlass mechanism leading to the process surrounding changing a clients running technique.
Chapter 1 Introduction to Gait Analysis
- To be able to understand the characteristics of normal gait
- Differentiate the Stages of Gait and understand the relative terms when discussing Stages of Gait
- Initial Contact/Heel Strike, Load Response etc
- Understanding the Assessment of Gait
- To understand the Determents of the Gait Cycle
- Pelvic Rotation, Pelvic Tilt, Knee Flexion in Stance Phase, Ankle Mechanism, Foot Mechanism, Lateral Displacement)
- To be able to perform a basic gait analysis in walking
Chapter 2 Running Gait
- Understand the features of running gait
- Differentiate between stages of walking and running
- Demonstrate the importance of efficiency in running gait and the determinants that affect it
- To be able to analyse running gait analysis and highlight key areas
Chapter 3 The Human Foot and its Importance in Gait
- Demonstrate an anatomical understanding of the human foot
- Muscles, Joints and Arches of the foot
- Understand the evolution of the human foot
- Learn what the Windlass Mechanism is and why it is importance to gait
- Explain the importance of biomechanics of the human foot and ankle and the ideal pressure points through pronation and supination of the foot
- Demonstrate the importance of the human foot in the gait cycle
- Differentiate between Heel Strike vs Mid-foot Strike vs Fore-foot Strike and the process surrounding changing your clients running technique
Test yourself by purchasing this course