Welcome to Deep Tissue Massage.
The content of this course is geared to provide continuing education credits for health care professionals who wish to add to their existing soft tissue skills.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
· Describe how to apply deep tissue massage using the elbow, forearm or fist and know which muscles each of these options is appropriate for.
· Describe how deep tissue massage is applied to muscles of the lower limbs: posterior calf, lateral calf, hamstrings, buttock, hip adductors, quadriceps, lateral thigh.
· Describe how deep tissue massage is applied to muscles of the upper limbs: wrist extensors.
· Describe how deep tissue massage is applied to muscles of the trunk and spine: upper fibers of trapezius, levator scapulae, erector spinae.
· Give examples of muscles to which deep tissue massage could be applied in the prone, supine and side-lying positions.
· Provide examples of contraindications to deep tissue massage.
Test yourself by purchasing this course
— Reshmeika Sewpersadh
4 months ago